Expert advice to ensure you pay the right level of duty whilst avoiding potential liabilities and their associated risks
Customs & Excise Duty
Understanding your customs needs
With so much business uncertainty over the impact of the UK’s departure from the EU, expert and timely advice on customs and excise duty and its associated trade issues has never been more important.
As the importer or exporter of goods you may be subject to customs and excise duty.
But the amount you have to pay will fluctuate depending on a number of variables – from the type of product in question and the value associated with it, to its country of origin.
To ensure you pay the right amount of customs and excise duty whilst avoiding potential liabilities and their associated risks, it is important to get advice from experts in this field.
Our people, your partners
Our people are passionate about their areas of expertise and our team of experienced customs and excise advisers will work with you to understand your business and how it operates, to ensure you pay no more than is due and remain fully compliant.
With our advice, you will comply with your customs and excise duty responsibilities whilst reducing the risk of being penalised and remaining as competitive as possible in your marketplace.
Not only this, we will help you to make the most of the potential customs reliefs and regimes available to you whilst representing your interests in any disputes you may have with HM Revenue & Customs.
How we can help
Our expertise comprises the following:
- Customs tariff advice and guidance
- Duty impact advice – cash flow changes & business expansion
- Customs duty reliefs
- Multi-jurisdictional import and export procedure
- Customs Special Procedures – Inward & Outward Processing and Customs Warehousing
- Advice on customs valuation methods
- Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) status
- Registration assistance and ‘Fit & Proper’ tests for AWRS
- Transfer of Residence Relief
- Due diligence of customs procedures in M&A
- Strategic advice on future international trading options
- Post-Brexit duty advice
- Dispute resolution
If you have a customs and excise duty question or want to discuss your business’ needs, get in touch to speak with an adviser.