Multi-jurisdictional expertise to manage your international VAT needs whilst maximising reclaim opportunities
Value-added tax (VAT), also known as a goods and services tax (GST), is a complicated tax levied in over 40 territories across the world, each with differing compliance requirements.
Similar to a sales tax, VAT is much more complicated in its operation because it can be levied each time there is a taxable transaction in the supply chain.
Understanding your international VAT compliance requirements across each of the territories in which your business operates can prove incredibly complicated.
Failure to comply with the necessary regulations can lead to serious financial penalties and interest charges, or a significant and unnecessary increase in running costs for your business.
Understanding your international VAT needs
Blick Rothenberg’s expert international VAT advisers will work with you to ensure that your business complies with the necessary VAT obligations in the jurisdictions in which you operate, to avoid potential penalties, whilst maximising opportunities for VAT recovery.
With VAT rates of up to 25%, recovery can run into tens of thousands of pounds for internationally mobile businesses.
How we can help
Working as an extension of your finance team, we provide a full range of international VAT compliance services across the jurisdictions where this tax is applicable.
Not only this, drawing on our wider accounting services, we will maximise reclaim opportunities, and deal with the associated administrative aspects that VAT recovery entails, leaving you to focus on core business activities.
Our VAT services include:
- Advice on whether to register for VAT
- Obtaining a VAT registration
- Determining the most beneficial method of VAT accounting
- On-going VAT compliance services
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns to local tax authorities
- Advice on unusual transactions, reliefs available and/or planning opportunities
- Intrastat and EC sales reporting
- VAT planning and advice in connection with complex transactions
- Liaison with tax authorities in connection with compliance visits and disputes
- Reclaim of VAT incurred in territories other than those where an entity is registered