The six UK stamp taxes (referred to here collectively as ‘stamp duty’) are some of the most complex taxes to navigate, making it difficult to understand their impact on a transaction
Understanding your stamp duty needs
Our specialist stamp duty service provides expert insight to determine the financial impact of stamp duty on a transaction.
If you are (or act for) a developer, investor, occupier or individual involved in either the purchase of property, shares or securities, or a corporate reconstruction or a group reorganisation, Blick Rothenberg can give you clear, meticulously thought-through advice without sitting on the fence.
Our stamp duty expertise
Drawing on our extensive knowledge in this subject, we can:
- Confirm the correct amount of stamp duty payable on a transaction
- Minimise (responsibly) stamp duty on purchases and reorganisations
- Reduce stamp duty on property leasing
- Resolve disputes with the three tax authorities
- Achieve tax authority clearance before completing a transaction
- Ensure stamp duty compliance
- Help you lobby for a change in stamp duty law
For more information or a second opinion on a particular matter, please contact us.
Partner, Sean Randall, is widely recognised and consulted on stamp duty. He is the current editor and author of Sergeant & Sims on Stamp Taxes (a leading textbook on stamp duty) and a former winner of Tax Writer of the year.