Expert tax advice delivered sensitively, supporting you through the uncertainty of separation and divorce
Separation & Divorce
Understanding your needs
We understand that the process of separation and divorce is both and time consuming, and that considering the tax implications of restructuring your familial assets will often be low in priority.
With increasingly complex legislation, unexpected tax implications can often arise during the process of dividing assets between parties, and this can reduce your overall familial wealth.
Working with you and alongside your legal advisers, our team of private client tax experts will ensure that the division of assets is structured tax efficiently, whilst achieving your overall objectives.
Our people, your partners
Our aim is to provide you with the support necessary to alleviate the pressures of separation and divorce. We do this through partner-led technically astute advice, delivered sensitively by our team of experienced private client advisers.
Working closely with you, we will guide you through the financial complexities that separation and divorce can entail, with particular focus on the tax implications of transferring assets as part of your proceedings.
Our advisers provide accredited Expert Witness support and frequently work with family lawyers to provide resolution towards a tax efficient separation of the family assets.
Following settlement, we can also advise on your longer term tax planning and compliance needs, looking ahead to the future.
We can also provide support in producing valuations of corporate and business interests, to be used in divorce proceedings.
How we can help
Our services include advice on the following issues:
- The tax implications of the transfer of assets between the parties and how to structure these tax efficiently.
- Corporate restructuring and the associated tax implications.
- UK tax advice for non-UK domiciled individuals, including the restructuring of offshore trusts and how overseas monies can be used efficiently
- Advice in relation to making timely and appropriate elections.
- Resolving tax irregularities with HMRC.
- Cross-border tax considerations with assets in multiple countries.