Understanding your needs
Media interest in the tax affairs of large businesses and wealthy individuals remains undiminished.
The Government and HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) are under greater pressure to close the ‘tax gap’ by tackling evasion, tax avoidance and other non-compliance.
As a result, HMRC has increased the number of tax enquiries and the additional tax, interest and penalties collected from these.
Tax investigations of businesses and individuals and the associated dispute resolution can be stressful, disruptive and expensive, and calls for effective tax dispute resolution.
Our people, your partners
Our partner-led tax risk and dispute resolution team will work closely with you to provide innovative and client-focused solutions that will ensure your tax risks and any associated disputes, are effectively managed.
We align our expertise and experience to your business and personal objectives, ensuring each stage of a potential dispute is handled effectively to achieve a satisfactory conclusion.
How we can help
From routine enquiries to in-depth investigations or assistance in bringing your UK tax affairs up to date through voluntary disclosure, we can guide you through every step of the process.
Our approach is tailored for your specific needs, to ensure we reach an early and favourable outcome.
We can assist with the following:
- HMRC enquiries
- Specialist investigations & preparation of disclosure reports
- Cross-border tax investigations
- Global Automatic Exchange of Information & the Common Reporting Standard (CRS)
- Voluntary disclosures (Worldwide Disclosure Facility and Disclosures outside of the former Facility)
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Appeals, postponement applications & HMRC internal reviews
- Accelerated Payment Notices and Follower Notices
- Tax litigation
- Tax Tribunal support services
- Managing tax and reputational risk
- Managing HMRC relationships
- Schedule 36 (part 5) FA 2008 notices
- Time to pay arrangements
- HMRC statutory discretion
Personal relationships and trust are fundamental to our tax dispute resolution services.