Understanding your expatriate needs
Tax rules for employers, employees, executives and statutory directors can be very complex, even where a trip is only for a few days.
With increasingly harsh penalties when things go wrong, it is more important than ever to seek the advice of experts.
Our people, your partners
Blick Rothenberg offers an award-winning international tax team, which provides a comprehensive range of expatriate tax services to help employers manage their global workforce, and support their international employees and directors.
Our suite of employer related expatriate tax services include:
Employer tax compliance
- Cross-border payroll issues including real and shadow expat payrolls
- Cross-border pension issues
- Cross-border share reporting
- Disputes and employer compliance reviews
- Expert witness support
- Statutory directors who live overseas
- Short-term business visitor issues
- Social security and national insurance, including reporting and exemptions (e.g. E101/A1/certificates of coverage)
Assignment policy and planning
- Tax policies: tax equalisation / protection / cost plus
- Assignment cost calculations, planning and budgeting
- Assignment policies and assignment letters
- Assignment policy design and best practice / benchmarking
- Assignment policy effectiveness
- Avoiding double payroll withholding
- Cash flow effectiveness
- Cost reduction
- Health check - mobility effectiveness reviews
- International payroll effectiveness
- Social security tax / national insurance planning
We do no use call centres, helplines or difficult to use web-based tax organisers. We use the latest technology for those clients that choose to use it. We provide clients with a responsive and proactive service and take the time to understand their individual needs. We can provide you with a coordinated tax service in your home and assignment location, should you choose.
Blick Rothenberg is highly regulated by the relevant professional bodies in the UK, including the ICAEW. We offer a genuinely independent service that our clients can trust.
Our international advisers offer award winning, globally coordinated tax services in your home and assignment locations, including:
- Advice on tax planning strategy and reporting requirements
- Calculations of complex tax obligations including home and assignment location
- Comparison of net and gross pay on assignment
- Cross-border pension planning and compliance
- Cross-border social security tax planning (including National Insurance Contributions)
- Review of termination agreements and employer disputes
- Review of the tax treatment of stock plans overseas
- Social security taxes, best practice and the impact of tax equalisation
- Tax registrations
- Tax return preparation (home and assignment location
- Voluntary social security contributions
- US/UK private client services
Our international team provides a world-class, tailored and partner-led expatriate tax service.