Understanding your transaction needs
A transaction can be highly emotive and stressful.
Our pragmatic, common sense approach focusses on the key issues arising. We highlight at the earliest possible opportunity those matters which could materially affect a transaction.
When your business undertakes a significant transaction, there are numerous financial and taxation matters to consider to take into account. We help our clients identify and navigate through these, from pre-sale planning and financial due diligence, to post-sale integration and beyond.
We work with a variety of clients including owner-managers, multinational businesses and private equity funds, to provide in-depth transaction advice.
Our people, your partners
Our partner-led service provides a unique combination of commercial, technical and practical advice which we bring to every transaction.
Working collaboratively with you, we will invest a great deal of time in understanding all aspects of your business and the challenges and opportunities you face.
Planning is key. We will agree with you in advance the scope of our work, so we deliver what you want, and we can provide you with a precise, well targeted advice.
How we can help with a transaction
Whether you are considering the sale of all or just a part of your business, our advice will help to minimise commercial and tax risks, whilst maximising return to shareholders.
Our team has significant experience in helping owner-managers, multinational businesses and private equity funds to achieve a tax-efficient exit from their investments.
- Long-term exit planning
- Financial and tax ‘health checks’
- Preparation and review of financial projections
- Pre-sale structuring (including group reorganisations, demergers, etc.)
- Personal tax advice for owner-managers
- Structuring of purchase consideration
- Structuring management buyouts
Financial due diligence
Due diligence is an essential part of the acquisition process, identifying risks and liabilities within the target business.
Our approach to due diligence is responsive, partner-led, and tailored to your requirements.
We will maintain regular communication with you throughout the due diligence process, ensuring you are armed with a detailed understanding of the business that you are acquiring so that potential issues can be dealt with promptly and efficiently.
As an independent member of Allinial Global, an association of over 240 leading accounting and business advisory firms based in 80+ countries worldwide, we also provide a coordinated and efficient service across multiple territories.
- Advice on representations, warranties and indemnities
- Assistance defining purchase price mechanisms
- Buy-side due diligence
- Completion accounts reviews to assist in the finalisation of purchase price
- Review of share purchase and sale agreements and tax deeds
- Structuring of purchase consideration and acquisition finance
We provide critical post-acquisition support, including accounting and tax services, to ensure a smooth integration of the target business.
- Resolution of issues and risks identified during the due diligence process
- Advising on the accounting implications of transactions
- Alignment of accounting processes and systems
- Legal entity / group rationalisation
- Transfer pricing and supply chain integration
- Advice on post-transaction retention of staff, including tax-efficient incentivisation arrangements
Our transaction services team prides itself on providing a partner-led service which delivers a unique combination of commercial, technical and practical advice to every transaction.