Whether you are a scaling-up technology company considering your next round of funding, or an established international business looking for support either in the UK or globally, our experienced team is here to help.
Regardless of where you are on your growth journey, we work with the full range of technology companies, from start-ups to established internationals. We also understand the challenges of raising money having worked with clients to manage immediate cash-flow issues as well as developing their growth plans.
Tech companies face specific tax risks and opportunities. We can provide support for these businesses through efficient tax strategies and compliance. With access to our global network of industry specialists we can also continue to support you as you expand internationally.
How we can help you
Our support covers a range of services, drawing upon a team with a great depth of experience, including:
- Tax structuring: We can advise you on structuring investment so that relevant reliefs, such as the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS), are taken advantage of. We can also prepare the subsequent filings.
- Incentive planning: Our tax team can work with you on management incentive schemes, including valuations for HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), advice on the tax consequences of different structures, and share option reporting.
- R&D claims: We work with our clients to identify relevant research and development (R&D) expenditure and prepare claims for tax credits to submit to HMRC.
- Outsourced accounting: Our in-house management accounts team can carry out monthly book-keeping services, payroll, VAT returns and a range of other support services to help with your ongoing compliance and deliver effective management information. Through our association with Allinial Global, our team can help you as you expand overseas or move into the UK.
- Year-end compliance and audit: Our teams prepare year-end financial statements and Corporation Tax returns. We are one of the leading UK auditors in the sector. For international groups, we can provide support and guidance in the UK and beyond.
- Transaction services: We help our clients identify and navigate financial and taxation matters when undertaking a significant transaction, such as pre-sale planning, financial due diligence, post-sale integration and beyond. Find out more regarding our pragmatic, common-sense approach to business Transaction Services
Would you like to know more?
If you would like to discuss any of the above in more detail, please contact one of the team below, or through your usual Blick Rothenberg contact.