Global SinoPhoto Awards 2023
Blick Rothenberg are delighted to support the Global SinoPhoto Awards 2023 for a second year running.
Photographers of any background, location and nationality are invited to tell their Chinese story across the diaspora, mainland China and globally. The awards aim to communicate Chinese culture and values through remarkable imagery and to promote photographers internationally.
The 2023 awards will encompass four categories including Portraiture, Food, Environment and Series. Photographers are invited to submit their images that express, interpret and share an element which represents their view of Chinese culture.
Winnie Cao, Partner and Head of Blick Rothenberg’s China desk discusses why the partnership is important to us: “Photography has the power to communicate and bring people together. At Blick Rothenberg, we endeavour to support overseas businesses set up in the UK and help UK businesses explore opportunities globally. We see companies and people flourish where everyone brings their authentic perspectives and genuine connections are created. This is why we support the Global SinoPhoto Awards – an initiative which seeks to connect East with West, business with culture.
Yintong Betser, co-founder of the Global SinoPhoto Awards, explains, “Last year, the Awards attracted considerable attention from photography communities and societiesnd we are aiming to grow them even further internationally by communicating how this independent contest is available to all photographers, whether professional or amateur. Each of the categories is open to the entrant’s own interpretation of the Chinese theme and we are looking forward to another year of remarkable entries.”
The awards officially opened on 10 September to coincide with the Chinese Moon Festival and the deadline for entries is 20 November 2022. Winners will be announced on 17 January 2023 at a London Awards Ceremony jointly held with the British Library at its Knowledge Centre.
A prestigious judging panel has been compiled to select the winning images including:
- Andrew Sanigar: Commissioning Editor for Photography and Design, Thames & Hudson
- Kim Hoang: Senior picture editor, Save the Children; former senior picture editor of the Guardian, the Red Cross, Magnum Photos.
- Yao Lu: International award-winning artist, and professor in photography at the Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing.
- Michael Freeman: Photographer and prolific author with 157 books published internationally in 28 languages.
- Betty Yao: Curator and author of “Through the Lens of John Thomson 1868 – 72” exhibition and book.
- Patrik Schumacher: Principal of Zaha Hadid Architects Ltd., Chief Designer of the Daxing International Airport, the world’s largest airport when built.
To find out more about the Awards and how to enter, visit https://www.sinophoto-awards.com.
To find out more about how we can help Chinese businesses and individuals expand into new territories, visit our China Desk Hub here or contact Winnie Cao directly using the form below.