There aren’t many issues that I haven’t seen or successfully dealt with – whether on practical matters such as management accounting, or co-ordinating more technical issues such as international tax advice.
I have worked at Blick Rothenberg since 1997 when I started here as a trainee. I have been a partner since 2008 and support businesses of all sizes as they expand internationally.
Throughout my career I have helped well over 1,000 international businesses with the practicalities of setting up operations overseas in multiple territories.
As a result, there are not many issues that I have not seen or successfully dealt with – whether on practical matters such as management accounting, or co-ordinating more technical issues such as international tax advice.
I work with a variety of businesses from professional practices and growing family owned businesses to venture capital and private equity-backed corporations and listed entities (FTSE 100, NYSE and Nasdaq).
To broaden my experience, I have spent time on secondment from Blick Rothenberg working both overseas and within a UK FTSE 100 listed entity, where I assisted with the disposal of a significant business unit.
I have particular interest in using technology to improve efficiencies and the user experience and have spoken at a number of events about the use of technology in accounting firms.
A career highlight for me has been progressing my career from graduate to partner with Blick Rothenberg and leading the firm’s international outsourcing team through consistent periods of double-digit growth for more than ten years.
Throughout this time, it has been very rewarding to witness the development of the team members I have worked with into different roles and, in many cases, senior roles with the business – all of which feeds into the great client service we provide.
It is even more rewarding to spend time with my two boys watching them grow up (and maybe even helping them along the way a little). I coach my youngest’s rugby team (I am a level two qualified coach with the RFU) and take them both down to the driving range (it will not be long before they are better golfers than me).
- Advising internationally expanding businesses on the practicalities of setting up operations overseas in multiple territories.
- Providing advice on practical matters such as management accounting, system and processes and co-ordinating more technical issues such as international tax advice.
- Improvements in business efficiency through the use of technology
- Acting as Ethics Partner for the firm
Qualifications and positions of note
- Member of the ICAEW Mid-market tech forum
- Former chair of Audit Committee at a central London further education SDI
- Former chair of local education charity
- Governor at local primary school
I am based at