Skip to main content

Alex Straight


Private Client

Find me on LinkedIn

+44 (0)20 3141 2752

Understanding the interaction of the competing UK US tax systems and how these affect my clients, is a vital part of what I do in helping to manage their tax affairs.

I work with entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses to help look after their US and UK personal tax affairs, ensuring a coordinated approach to their tax needs.

At the heart of this is a good working relationship which helps me to understand my clients’ objectives, working with them to develop a roadmap towards meeting these whilst ensuring a practical, plain English approach to cut through the various, competing personal, business and tax considerations.

My advice covers a broad range of issues from alignment of personal and business tax considerations, to carrying out US reporting, providing tax advice in relation to international business structures, as well as cross-border business advice. This includes commonly working with specialists both internal and external to deliver a full range of advice.

I’m a UK Chartered Tax Adviser and an agent enrolled to practise in front of the Internal Revenue Service.

Specialist areas

  • Advising entrepreneurs on personal tax issues
  • Tax advice in relation to international business structures
  • Cross-border business advice

Qualifications and positions of note

  • Chartered Tax Advisor (CIOT)
  • Enrolled Agent

I am based at

City of London

Contact Alex


13 January 2022

Remittance basis taxpayers and loans which are used in the UK

HMRC have updated their manuals on the UK tax treatment of loans that have been made to individuals on the remittance basis of taxation.

13 January 2022

Higher Income Child Benefit Charge (HICBC) should be scrapped immediately

Robert Salter takes a look at the Higher Income Child benefit Charge and why it is no longer fit for purpose.

09 December 2021

Personal tax planning guide: 2021/22

In this guide we set out some tax tips and actions that all taxpayers should consider in advance of the tax year end.