Series for Founders – Understanding the Exit Process
Tuesday 5 December
Exits come in all shapes and sizes and our panel collectively have experienced sales to both trade and private equity having been involved in those processes from beginning to end
This webinar is for business founders who are considering an exit and want to understand more about the exit process from three individuals who’ve done it
Exits come in all shapes and sizes and our panel collectively have experienced sales to both trade and private equity having been involved in those processes from beginning to end. This webinar will be run as a Q&A with our speakers being asked to answer various questions that provide the opportunity for audience participation at the end. The session aims to understand some of the key learnings from our panel around the exit process, and will include questions covering:
- How the process itself works i.e. how long it takes, how to get started
- How to know when is the right time to start the process – How to manage the process and keep the business going
- How to choose your buyer – Understanding what advisors you may need and how you pick them
- Key takeaways from the process
- What it is like to actually sell your business to trade or PE
- what does the post-sale world look like?
Chaired by Blick Rothenberg Partner Susie Mullin, we are delighted to welcome to our panel:
- Parry Malm, co-founder of Phrasee – a generative AI language business – Majority sale to private equity buyer, capital D, in 2022
- Jenna Brown, co-founder of Shipamax – an AI software business for shipping and logistics – sold to WiseTech Global in 2022
- Neil Alexander, CEO of Nutmeg – sold to JP Morgan Chase in 2021; CFO of Secret Sales – sold to Wowcher in 2017; European CEO of Sportingbet Plc sold to William Hill Plc in 2013
Copyright © Blick Rothenberg Limited 2023, All rights reserved.
While we have taken every care to ensure that the information in this webinar is correct on the date held it has been prepared for general information purposes only and is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.