How have the last six months affected the payroll industry?
In recognition of National Payroll Week, Sam Worf-Spicer from our payroll team shares his thoughts below.
“Personally speaking, these turbulent times have really thrown a lot into the payroll mix. These include:
- the introduction of ‘furlough’ and the Job Retention Scheme (JRS)
- the changes to Statutory Sick Pay for Covid-19-related absence
- strictly working from home for such an extended period
- the recognition for payrollers as keyworkers
- and let us not forget completing year-end in between!
“We are pleased to reveal some interesting developments our end within the payroll team despite the current circumstances. We have officially merged three of our payroll teams into one, now based in our flagship office at Great Queen Street. This has been an arduous task thanks to the challenges of remote working, but we now continue to look ahead at migrating aspects such as payroll databases, BACS facilities and portfolios in the coming months. We also rolled out our brand-new e-Payslip platform to over 10,000 users, including employers that preferred sealed paper payslips – a timely result with no access to the office printers.
“Despite some truly unpredictable and testing times, our payroll team has certainly come out on top, continuing to generate new business on a regular basis whilst adhering to key deadlines.”