German and UK business leaders will gather in London next week, four days after we have left the European Union, for the second British-German Business Exchange Conference held at the German Embassy in London. Delegates will discuss the road map for up-coming Brexit negotiations and will demand focus on crucial issues for British-EU trade.
The conference is organised by the British Chamber of Commerce in Germany and the German Embassy in London. Alex Altmann, Chairman of the British Chamber of Commerce in Germany and partner at Blick Rothenberg said: “German-British trade is the engine of the European economy and has been a job and wealth creator across our continent. We must get the trade deal right to not damage this vital trading relationship and need to carefully listen to industries across the board.”
Speakers attending the conference will be:
- Dr Peter Wittig, German Ambassador to the United Kingdom (opening remarks)
- Jens Spahn, MdB, Member of the German Parliament and German Federal Minister for Health
- Rt Hon Greg Hands MP, Member of the UK Parliament
- Nicole Sykes, Head of EU negotiations at CBI, London
- Tom Sallis, Deputy Director EU & Brexit, Scotch Whisky Association
- Konstanze Scharring, Head of the Department for Economic and Financial Affairs, German Embassy
- York von Massenbach, Head of London Office, Luther Law Germany
- Alex Altmann, Partner at Blick Rothenberg and Chairman of the BCCG
The British Chamber of Commerce in Germany (BCCG) is a bilateral foreign Chamber, founded 1919 in Cologne/Germany. The BCCG has a large British-German entrepreneurial and institutional network with over 500 members and cooperates with the Association of British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) and the Confederation of British Industry (CBI).
The second British-German Business Exchange Conference (BBEC) will be held in London on 4 February 2020 and attended by around 80 senior business executives, civil servants, politicians and media representatives from Germany and the UK. The BBEC is not a public event and attendance is by invitation only.
Jens Spahn MdB
Member of the German Parliament and German Federal Minister of Health
“A Europe of Pioneers – How we can unite our nations and cope with international challenges”
Rt Hon Greg Hands MP
Member of the UK Parliament and Co-Chair of the British-German Parliamentary Group
“A new era for British-German relations”
Moderated by: Stefanie Bolzen, UK and Ireland Correspondent at DIE WELT, London
For more information, please contact Alex Altmann.