Helping clients move their key employees around the world creates all kinds of tax questions, but is about much more than that.
I have been a Global Mobility Tax Partner for many years, and joined Blick Rothenberg in June 2022. I have over 25 years of experience in the Big-4 advising companies on their whole range of global mobility issues, including the corporate aspects of assignment contracts.
I have been an Assignee in a variety of situations, establishing a Global Mobility practice in Poland in the 1990s and developing practices across Central Europe in the 2000s. I have also worked in both the Relocation industry and as external Tax Counsel for a major Law Firm.
Originally a tax generalist, I started doing global mobility work when on assignment myself, and developed that specialisation over many years.
Having been an assignee, I am focused on ensuring that the whole assignee experience is positive for our clients, to enable them to focus on the work they’ve been sent to perform, rather than being concerned by keeping the tax authorities happy.
After many years in Tax, I was also Head of Strategy & People for one of the world’s largest Relocation service companies, integrating the end-to-end assignee mobilty experience, and also served as HR Director, managing the Mobility programmes and Business Travel compliance from an internal perspective.
I also contributed to their award-winning thought leadership publications on employee mobility matters and the future of work.
- International tax planning for employers and employees
- Immigration and social security
- Interaction of personal tax and corporate tax for employees and employers
- Remote working issues from a tax and HR / reward perspective
Qualifications and positions of note
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CIOT)
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (FCA)
- Board Member of the ICAEW Tax Faculty
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
I am based at