With a harsh penalty regime there are potential traps that a non-resident director and their employer should be aware of. Fortunately, some straightforward planning does exist.
Definition of a non-resident director: executive or non-executive director (office holder) of a UK company who lives overseas.
Blick Rothenberg can advise on:
- UK tax filing obligations of directors (resident, non-resident and non-executive)
- The taxation of director remuneration or accommodation expenses
- Claiming tax relief on travel expenses
- Employer PAYE/P11d reporting obligations
- Claiming exemption from UK employee and employer social security taxes (NIC)