Media interest in the tax affairs of large businesses and wealthy individuals remains undiminished; the Government and HMRC are under greater pressure to close the ‘tax gap’ by tackling evasion, tax avoidance and other non-compliance. HMRC have responded by increasing the number of tax enquiries and the additional tax, interest and penalties collected from these enquiries.
Tax investigations for businesses and individuals can be stressful, disruptive and expensive.
How can Blick Rothenberg help?
From routine enquiries to in-depth investigations or assistance in bringing UK tax affairs up to date by making a voluntary disclosure; we can guide you through every step of the process. Tailoring our approach to meet your specific needs, our objective is to reach an early and favourable outcome.
We can assist with the following:
- HMRC enquiries
- Specialist Investigations & preparation of disclosure reports
- Cross-border tax investigations
- Global Automatic Exchange of Information & the Common Reporting Standard
- Voluntary disclosures (Swiss/UK agreement, Liechtenstein & Crown Dependency Disclosure Facilities)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appeals, postponement applications & HMRC Internal Reviews
- Accelerated Payment Notices and Follower Notices
- Tax Litigation & Tax Tribunal support services
- Managing tax and reputational risk
- Managing HMRC relationships
- HMRC statutory discretion
Personal relationships and trust are fundamental to the provision of tax dispute resolution services. It is through such relationships that we align our expertise and experience to our clients’ business and personal objectives, ensuring each stage of the dispute is handled effectively to achieve favorable outcomes.
It is essential that you have confidence and trust in your advisor and we are therefore very happy to meet, without any commitment, to discuss how we can help.
For any further information or if you would like to arrange an initial meeting, please call Gary Gardner, our Tax Dispute Resolution partner, or any of the other contacts listed above.