Our instruction is usually to provide an independent report on our opinion of the quantum involved in the case.
Many cases require us to meet and discuss our opinion with lawyers and barristers and may involve attending Court or an Arbitration meeting as an accounting expert witness.
Our litigation support partners have experience of acting in a variety of corporate litigation issues as well as cases where personal estates and companies need to be professionally valued, including for the purpose of divorce proceedings.
Below are listed some examples of previous cases:
- Acting for software/marketing company in a claim for breach of contract by a motor manufacturer.
- Acting for former director/shareholder in a claim by previous company for breach of covenants in termination contract.
- Prepared loss of profits claim for lighting retailer claiming against landlord of premises as trade was affected by flood damage.
- Acting for accountants in respect of a claim for negligent valuation of a business.
- Acting for medical professional body defending practitioners in claim for negligent medical attention, leading to claimant’s loss of earnings.
- Acting for architects defending a claim for non-performance of services as instructed by claimant.