Private Client Senior Manager
Partners, Directors, Managers and staff across the department and company
Overall purpose of role
This is an exciting opportunity for a well rounded and experienced individual to join a well-established private client practice. Our practice has a wide variety of clients ranging from traditional UK resident and domiciled individual the owners of private businesses, chief executives, UHNWIs, non-doms and all types of UK/offshore trusts and foundations. The individual must be technically strong and be interested in working on a range of client matters. They will be able to develop their specialism within the team should they wish to or be a broad generalist. We do not expect the successful candidate to have experience across our full range of clients but would anticipate that they had deeper expertise in some aspect of private client work; however, this does not need to be a particular specialism.
The individual sought will be responsible for the management and delivery of work on their portfolio, be willing to tackle new projects (with appropriate support) and have a “can do” attitude. They can also assist with the management of the private client team as well as being responsible for the management and delivery of work on their portfolio.
Blick Rothenberg is a multi-discipline, market leading, professional service firm based in Covent Garden, London. We provide tax and business advisory services to a diverse range of private and corporate clients,
based in the UK and overseas.
We are a firm focused on our clients and passionate about providing a high quality, technically excellent, partner-led service. We build and maintain strong client relationships, where continuity and personal attention allow us to help clients manage their complex financial business and personal circumstances.
- ACA, CTA qualified or able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience.
- Working with clients on a daily basis to deepen relationships and develop new opportunities;
- Advising private clients in connection with their tax affairs;
- Drafting detailed technical reports, including reviewing and presenting the computational aspects to accompany such advice;
- Coaching more junior members of the team to develop their advisory skills;
- Acting as mentor and appraiser for more junior members of the team;
- Providing an efficient, client focussed and proactive service to meet the needs of private clients;
- Identifying tax planning opportunities and being able to convey the potential rewards and risks to clients and prospects;
- Developing new work from existing clients, attending meetings, building good working relationships with clients and colleagues and putting advisory skills to good use;
- Working with Partners/team members on complex technical assignments;
- Managing day to day client portfolio including billing, delegation and monitoring work in progress;
- Ensuring that the company’s risks are managed appropriately;
- Liaising with HMRC in relation to client matters and dealing with enquiries from HMRC.
- Capability to work independently with a positive attitude and a willingness to tackle new challenges;
- Experience of delivering a wide range of private client tax planning and advisory services;
- Ability to prioritise, supervise and develop staff;
- Technically strong – able to undertake advisory work as well as oversee and review tax compliance for private clients;
- Good client relationship and communication skills;
- Commercially aware;
- Strong delivery skills and ability to work effectively to deadlines;
- Ability to provide clear and concise advice both orally and in writing.
If you wish to apply (or require any further information) please follw this link.