Private Client Manager
Tax Partners and Directors
Managers, Directors and Partners across the department and the wider company
Overall purpose of role
Our practice has a wide variety of clients ranging from traditional UK resident and domiciled individual the owners of private businesses, chief executives, UHNWIs, non-doms and all types of UK/offshore trusts and foundations. The individual must be technically strong and be interested in working on a range of client matters. They will be able to develop their specialism within the team should they wish to or be a broad generalist. We do not expect the successful candidate to have experience across our full range of clients and we would anticipate that they would come to us either with an OMB or non-dom private client focus.
The individual sought will be responsible for the management and delivery of work on their portfolio and in addition to this be willing to tackle new projects (with appropriate support) and have a “can do” attitude.
- To provide an efficient and proactive service to private clients.
- Tax planning including personal/business tax planning for property investment and development activities, non-domicile issues (including remittance planning), trusts, capital taxes and planning for shareholders.
- To liaise proactively with clients on advisory matters.
- To work with partners on complex technical assignments.
- To manage day to day client portfolio including billing, delegation and monitoring work in progress.
- To review personal tax returns prepared by more junior members of staff and be a technical point of reference.
- To assist in marketing private client services alongside the partners and directors.
- To assist with managing members of staff.
Skills and personal attributes required
- ACA and/or CTA or able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience
- Solid technical background
- Experience of private client tax planning and advisory services including trusts and non-domicile issues
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent client facing skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Supervisory skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Assertiveness and confidence in own knowledge and ability
- Desire to continue to develop as a private client practitioner
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, Blick Rothenberg operates a Flexible Hours of Work Policy which provides people with the freedom to organise their working day around their commitments outside work.
If you wish to apply (or require any further information) for any of the positions - applications can be submitted by emailing your CV (with covering letter) to: email@example.com