Private Client Assistant Manager
Tax Partners, Directors and Senior Managers
Partners, Managers and staff across the department and the wider firm
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established private client practice with high quality, complex private clients. The existing and growing client portfolio ranges from UHNW and OMBs to non-doms and all types of UK/offshore trusts and foundations. The individual sought will be responsible for the management and delivery of work on their portfolio which will include the review of compliance cases and advisory work on a range of private client issues. The individual should be used to handling both the advisory and compliance aspects on their existing portfolio and be looking for the opportunity to increase their skills and experience.
This is a unique role with an interesting and varied client base.
- Providing an efficient, client focussed and proactive service to meet the needs of private clients;
- Working with partners, directors and senior manager to prepare proposals for clients and deliver advice to a range of private clients;
- To meet new clients with the appropriate partner/director and be a main point of contact with those clients going forward;
- Managing day to day client portfolio including billing, delegation and monitoring work in progress;
- Ensuring that the company’s risks are managed appropriately;
- Liaising with HMRC in relation to client matters and dealing with enquiries from HMRC;
- To liaise proactively with clients on advisory matters;
- To review personal tax returns prepared by more junior members of staff.
Skills and personal attributes required
- ACA, CTA qualified or able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience
- Capability to work independently;
- Experience of private client tax planning and advisory services;
- Ability to prioritise and, where appropriate, supervise and develop staff;
- Technically capable – able to undertake relevant research and deliver advisory work as well as tax compliance for private clients;
- Good client relationship and communications skills;
- Commercially aware;
- Strong delivery skills and ability to work effectively to deadlines;
- Ability to provide clear and concise advice both orally and in writing.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, Blick Rothenberg operates a Flexible Hours of Work Policy which provides people with the freedom to organise their working day around their commitments outside work.
If you wish to apply (or require any further information) for any of the positions - applications can be submitted by emailing your CV (with covering letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org