: Personal Assistant
: Partners & Directors
: Audit Department
: 7-10 Chandos Street, London, W1G 9DQ
Clients and client service
- Organising meetings including liaising with attendees, room/venue, catering, related diary management.
- Organising reasonably complex travel (both domestic and international).
- Preparing for meetings, note taking in meetings, and preparing minutes if required.
- Proactively reminding partner/director/manager of meeting attendance and pre-empting needs for meetings – e.g. ensuring travel paperwork, attendee lists, reports, files, pre-meets etc are arranged.
- Full diary management, being aware of partner/director/manager movements at all times and being proactive to minimise problems.
- Proactively seeking to build a strong working relationship with clients and contacts including helping to ensure that client requests are responded to in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Data entry onto client relationship management and practice management information systems such as Salesforce and Practice Engine.
- Monitoring and managing partner/director emails, if required including preparing and sending responses if appropriate.
- Proactively assisting partner and team with administrative tasks, e.g., billing reviews, client engagement procedures, timesheets and expenses.
- Assisting with projects such as events, mailings, research, if required.
- Generating reports (e.g. work in progress) and producing fee notes etc from company’s systems.
General attributes required for Personal Assistant role
- Assisting with partner/director maintaining confidential files if required.
- Audio and copy typing of correspondence, short letters, standard letters and/or lengthy reports and proposals using the company’s templates and corporate style.
- Producing PowerPoint presentations following corporate style.
- Reformatting/making amendments to documents.
- Printing documents from Word/Excel/Practice Engine.
- Creating document management system profiles and scanning documents as required
- Archiving documents once jobs are completed.
- Opening and distributing post, photocopying, binding, sending faxes, filing, maintaining files.
- Acting as a secondary contact for absent team members and assisting fellow secretaries and PAs with workflow, as required.
- Proof reading own work before submitting to partner/director/manager etc.
- Where required, to cover reception along with other PAs and secretaries on a rota basis.
Attributes required specifically for this PA role
- Maintaining strict adherence to both client and staff confidentiality.
- Adhering to company’s risk management policies.
- Willingly carrying out any other duties required to meet with the needs of the business.
- Ensuring the company's client service standards are met.
- Flexibility regarding core working hours.
- Displaying excellent standard of English, both written and spoken.
- Displaying excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent team player who has a ‘can do' attitude and who demonstrates commitment to supporting colleagues within the PA/secretarial team.
- Professionally presented with excellent telephone manner.
- Experience of digital dictation and document management systems desirable.
- Advanced knowledge or Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Extensive experience of organising travel, both domestic and international.
- Proven ability to take the initiative and deliver solutions to problems.
- Experience of working at partner level preferably within a professional company.
- Previous work experience in the Professional Services Sector, not least in an Accounting or Legal business.
- Strong formatting skills in Word
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure