Tax Dispute and Resolution Manager
Tax Dispute and Resolution Partner
: Junior team members, senior managers, directors & partners across the firm
Blick Rothenberg is a UK leading provider of accounting, audit and tax services based in Central London. Our experience and market focus enable us to offer a rare blend of professional expertise and personal service to a wide range of clients, from global groups and listed companies to owner managed businesses, private individuals (UHNWI and HNWI), family offices and charities.
Summary of role
We are committed to growing our tax dispute resolution service offering under the leadership of our tax dispute specialist partner. Due to continuing growth and significant new-business wins an excellent opportunity has arisen to join a thriving tax dispute resolution team.
Our approach to excellence, openness and fairness has ensured we have an excellent reputation in both the market place and with HMRC and the Treasury. There will be immediate opportunities to work with our existing clients and new clients across a wide range of complex and challenging cases and to provide dispute resolution expertise across the practice.
The successful candidate will work very closely with the tax dispute specialist partner to meet existing client service commitments and take forward business development initiatives in a hugely satisfying client facing role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with project management of complex HMRC enquiries and investigations at all stages through to settlement
- Prepare disclosure reports (CDF/COP9 and COP8), including all computational aspects of the report, for submission to HMRC’s Fraud Investigation Service (formerly called Specialist Investigations), delegating appropriate tasks to more junior staff
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence including preparation of responses and drafting appropriate correspondence
- Assisting with Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) programmes on behalf of the client
- Assisting with voluntary disclosures on behalf of clients (WDF)
- Providing tax litigation and Tribunal support services, including instructing and teaming with Counsel
- Liaise directly with clients, contacts and other parties to ensure timely provision of information and work is done according to the desired timescales.
- Attending and minuting client and HMRC meetings
- Managing receivables (billing) and client acceptance procedures
- Business Development Supporting research and development of market ideas and propositions
- Internal and External client facing roles
Skills and personal attributes required
- Ex-HM Inspector of Taxes; ACA and/or CTA; lawyer or paralegal with relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, with the ability to build strong relationships
- Relevant tax dispute resolution experience, ideally within a Big 4/top 20 firm or law firm and particularly experience of dealing with senior HMRC investigators and management (CDF/COP9, COP8, ADR)
- Experience with tax litigation and appeals to the Tribunals (though not essential)
- Ability and enthusiasm to support and contribute towards business development work
- A well-developed sense of client service and quality orientation to work accurately and pay attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills of personal workload and managing junior resource
- Strong strategic and commercial awareness
- Strong team player
- A proactive and analytical approach
If you wish to apply (or require any further information) for any of the positions - applications can be submitted by emailing your CV (with covering letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org