Partners, Directors, Managers and staff across the department and company
Overall purpose of role
The individual must be technically strong and be interested in working on a range of client matters. An adaptable approach and an ability to tackle a variety of work is essential. The individual sought will assist with the management of the private client team as well as being responsible for the management and delivery of work on their portfolio.
Blick Rothenberg is a multi-discipline, market leading, professional service firm based in Covent Garden, London. We provide tax and business advisory services to a diverse range of private and corporate clients, based in the UK and overseas.
We are a firm focused on our clients and passionate about providing a high quality, technically excellent, partner-led service. We build and maintain strong client relationships, where continuity and personal attention allow us to help clients manage their complex financial business and personal circumstances.
ACA, CTA qualified or able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience.
- Assisting the Head of Private Clients with running the team from a staffing perspective
- Drafting detailed technical reports, including reviewing and presenting the computational aspects to accompany such advice;
- Coaching more junior members of the team to develop their advisory skills;
- Acting as mentor and appraiser for more junior members of the team;
- Advising private clients in connection with their tax affairs;
- Providing an efficient, client focussed and proactive service to meet the needs of private clients;
- Identifying tax planning opportunities and being able to convey the potential rewards and risks to clients and prospects;
- Developing new work from existing clients, identifying new opportunities, attending meetings, building good working relationships with clients and colleagues and putting advisory skills to good use;
- Working with Partners/team members on complex technical assignments;
- Managing day to day client portfolio including billing, delegation and monitoring work in progress;
- Ensuring that the company’s risks are managed appropriately;
- Developing a network of referrers in order to win additional private client work;
- Liaising with HMRC in relation to client matters and dealing with enquiries from HMRC.
- Capability to work independently, to demonstrate leadership potential and management experience;
- Experience of delivering a wide range of private client tax planning and advisory services;
- Ability to prioritise, supervise and develop staff;
- Technically strong – able to undertake advisory work as well as oversee and review tax compliance for private clients;
- Good client relationship and communication skills;
- Commercially aware;
- A “can do” attitude and willingness to tackle a range of client issues;
- Strong delivery skills and ability to work effectively to deadlines;
- Ability to provide clear and concise advice both orally and in writing.
If you wish to apply (or require any further information) for any of the positions - applications can be submitted by emailing your CV (with covering letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org