Part Time Catering Assistant
Office Services Manager
Ad Hoc – supporting either early (7.00 am – 10.00 am) or late (4.00 pm onwards) shift patterns.
Summary of firm and role
Blick Rothenberg Limited is a market leading accounting, tax and advisory practice based in Central London. As a result of growth we are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking Catering Assistant to join our Catering Supervisor on a part time basis and assist them in providing an outstanding hospitality service to our clients (internal as well as external).
We are increasingly using our meeting facilities to host breakfast events or those which run in to the evening and so this role will suit someone who is seeking a flexible arrangement and can be called upon at relatively short notice to support one of the permanent team members.
It is estimated that this role would provide between 10 and 20 hours of work per month.
The successful candidate will have previous hospitality experience, ideally gained by working in hospitality within a professional services environment. They will need to have excellent attention to detail and be proactive.
Formal Functions/Corporate Hospitality
To assist in the Catering department in delivering an excellent service to clients for formal reception events and client seminars.This will include helping with all aspects from setting up the meeting rooms to assisting with serving (where appropriate) and assisting in the kitchens with food preparation
- To assist the catering supervisor / relevant personal assistant or other meeting room organiser to ensure refreshments are provided/replenished as required
- To set up meeting rooms prior to meeting start times
- To empty meeting rooms in a timely way once meetings have ended
To load crockery and glassware into dishwasher / wash up as appropriate
- To assist with keeping kitchen clean and tidy at all times
- To ensure that coffee and tea is readily available at all times
- To ensure regular cleaning and maintenance of catering equipment (fridges, kettles crockery etc) in liaison with the catering supervisor
- Maintain stocks of crockery/cutlery/glassware in the catering kitchen
In liaison with Catering Supervisor, assist with ensuring that stocks of non-perishable food and drinks (including alcohol) are regularly replenished
Skills and personal attributes required
- Previous hospitality experience ideally gained within a professional services or in house catering environment
- An understanding of client service excellence
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Strong team player who takes a proactive approach to their work
If you wish to apply (or require any further information) for any of the positions - applications can be submitted by emailing your CV (with covering letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org